Friday, February 24, 2012


This is the outside of our rooms. Here they are know as RLBs (relocatable building) but in Iraq we called them CHUs (container housing units). Either way they work pretty well for this kind of thing. You can stack them and move them around. At the end of each row there are showers and toilets. Mine is the one on the far left on the bottom.

4 comments:

  1. What does it say on your door?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing very exciting I'm afraid - just our names and a note on the bottom saying "night crews - do not disturb during daylight hours". It doesn't really mean much since we are at the end of the row people congregate outside our door in the mornings waiting for a ride to work. That's what ear plugs are for :)

      Delete
  2. I would choose this room. Even with the morning commute (: Being on the end is good. Do you walk outside to get to showers and toilet? Are rooms just that...just rooms? Like a bee hive? No hallways? No common rooms?

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the end of each row on the lower level there is a shower room and next to it a toilet room. So I do have to walk outside. In this area they are all just rooms facing out. In other living areas they have faced the rooms in and built a shell around them so there is a central hallway connecting all the rooms. In neither design is there common rooms. I think I prefer the rooms facing out - this way I can open the door and get fresh air if the weather is nice.

    ReplyDelete