Thursday, February 23, 2012


This is what it looks like from the back. Just a stripped out C-12 with two seats for the guys in the back and places to mount their laptops.  You can see a packet of Cheerioes and a Coke behind Justin - we always carry emergency rations :)

5 comments:

  1. are you guys (generic guys) issued parachutes? If you have parachutes do you wear them while flying? I am always amused on commercial flights..."your life vest is under your seat"..as tho you could actually get it out..(: but Art reminded me that passengers in the Hudson River landing had on life vests...so.....my question overall....in case your plane stops flying, is there a Plan B?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your having parachutes classified? Do people still say "classified"? I have seen answers to all other questions so wonder...was this just overlooked? To save me anxiety? (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. It isn't classified or overlooked - you were just too prolific in your questions and I haven't caught up :). We do not carry parachutes, it would be way too uncomfortable and the odds of the plane stop flying are too remote to really be concerned about. By stop flying I assume you mean both engines quitting and that is extremely rare. I guess our plan B is to land the plane. The vast majority of airplane problems occur at takeoff or landing when a parachute isn't going to do you a lot of good except get in your way when you are trying to get out. Beside giving parachutes to the pilots is a little discouraging to your passengers :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your answer in that it was realistic. I am very aware that landing and take-off are the tricky moments; my hands always get sweaty. (: It helps me to imagine the plane as a ship, sailing thru air. Ships do not make me nervous; planes do...small ones less, which makes no sense, statistically. (:I always think about the pilots...trying to guess physical and mental abilities by that dis-embodied voice that tells us how long in our seats. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am much more fatalistic in my approach - I say a prayer right before takeoff and landing then figure it is up to God. I guess I don't think of the pilots as individual people with a certain skill set - that would make me too nervous :). Um - after rereading that I should clarify that I was speaking as a passenger. As a pilot I am concentrating too much on takeoffs and landings to pray but it's not a bad idea, maybe I should start :).

    ReplyDelete