Friday, May 18, 2012


Here are a couple of interesting or maybe not so interesting pictures of clouds. As I am up there flying circles my photography subjects are rather limited.


This is the remains of a big thunderstorm that passed over the top of Kandahar. We took off before it got there and our mission kepts us up all afternoon so we could watch it collapse and blow away as the sun set and the heat dissipated.

4 comments:

  1. Love clouds. Get to see an occasional interesting formation on our trips to TX. Most of the time they are just a layer you can't see through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are much more interesting at our level :). I had another flight last week where we were flying in between some impressive clouds but I was too busy to take any pictures. In general I am a big fan of clouds (not so much the Pacific NW blanket kind) and that has been a fun part of flying airplanes is getting to go right through them - well at least the little ones :).

      Delete
  2. I feel as though clouds should be solid. The result of some kids books about angels that I really liked but now realize were well... odd (: However, the books left me with a cloud fascination. I watch thunderclouds with an awe that is part fear but the kind of fear that holds you there, watching. The ocean is the same. Fascinating. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - up close they feel even more like the ocean. An unstoppable force that has absolutely no regard for you.

      Delete