Wednesday, May 2, 2012


These are a few pictures I took on a clear day from the deck where our office is. Here you are looking northeast and you can see all the green fields just outside the base fence line.


This is looking northwest towards Three Mile mountain and again you can see the green fields and orchards - unfortunately this is as close as I get to them :)


Same view but zoomed out to see our blast walls and a small sample of our vehicle collection.

4 comments:

  1. Tks again for the picts. The notches for the pick up hooks make the walls look remarkably like the forts of western times. Sounds like you have your share of "hostile Indians" also! Glad to hear you are "carrying". Ever learned to shoot it yet??
    Had a small adventure today. Suzy & I went on a walk and as we were crossing the river on Main st. we could hear sounds of chopping of hammering seemingly coming from the Arts bldg. on the N. side of the river. When we got to the river walk I looked over the river & there was a person on the river side of the bldg. hammering at the lower windows. I shouted & the person stopped, I ran back across the river & stopped a car & had the person call the police. While she was talking to the dispatcher a young man came up the stairs for the river side of the bldg. carrying a small hatchet. I told him to stop (from a dist. of 20' (~:} but he said he was going home. He got 1/2 way across the bridge & ran in the city Calvary. Boy was I glad to see them! They took away his hatchet & cuffed him. Sure enough he had been trying to chop his way into the bldg. from the back windows. Opps! Breakfast call. Cheers!! DAD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of them as being notches but I can see what you mean. And yes I shoot expert with my 9MM (not that it is all that difficult to do). To paraphrase Tom Selleck as Quigley just because I don't like it doesn't mean I can't use it :)
      Well done on the crime stopping! It just goes to show if more people took walks we would have less crime :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks again for all comments. Glad you are responding to your loyal readers request for any bit of news. Your routine is our adventure. (: Happy to hear you got up, ate, walked/rode to the flight line. All details interesting up to and including meal content. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem - it does force me to actually think about things and catalog them rather than just experience and forget.

      Delete