Friday, July 27, 2012
Finally some of the promised vehicle pictures. Above are a couple of the British trucks they drive around.
This is one of our vans - it has bald tires but better A/C so as long as you aren't off-roading this is the vehicle to have.
There are Gators all over the place and they always steal the parking spots. Just when you think you have one there is a Gator nosed in at the front. In the background is the bus I catch when I'm not flying and I have to go in to complete my reports.
A line of random vehicles outside our rooms.
Another view of the variety we have here.
Russworm getting into our other van - good tires but very hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know - the British camo trucks look the best. I imagine the Afghan's would be really excited if you left all the vehicles when you pulled out.
ReplyDeleteThe funny thing is almost all the vehicles you see except the gators are rentals from a couple of companies in Khandahar. They got a bunch of used vehicles together and rented them to the military. Now they have enough money to buy new ones and there are some nice ones running around.
DeleteMinor suggestion - why not put the good tires on the AC van?? Those are random vehicles &, if rented from Afgans, I can understand why.
ReplyDeleteThat idea has been brought up but not acted on for three reasons in reverse order - we don't own the van, we don't have the tools, and most importantly we are too lazy :)
DeleteNow why did I think the latter was probably the main reason. The other two only serve to rationalize the main. (~:}
DeleteIts amazing the breath & depth of the effects of Adam's decision!! Cheers DAD
Now I'm not sure not wanting to change tires in 100 degree temps in the dirt should be linked in the same thought as original sin but one might make the connection through living in a fallen world :)
DeleteI can identify with no air conditioning (: But would I trade? For our gas mileage and NO payments, never!! But then again, I don't have to do anything but exist from one destination to another...no action expected at either end. (: Cheerfullness maybe. (:
ReplyDeleteGood point but since we don't pay for the vehicle or gas we are left to complain about the air conditioning :)
DeleteI will miss your blog. (God willing, I will miss your blog because you will have left. (: I don't suppose similar comments about Stateside activities would be possible? People said this to me too, but "letters from Pendleton" had no audience...and I had no interest. (: Oh well..
ReplyDeleteYes, I think I will lack the interest. I have had interesting times stateside (probably more interesting than here) but I lack the desire to record it :)
Delete