Sunday, April 15, 2012


This is our crew from a flight we did a few days ago. Russworm in the middle is one of our new EWOs and Rasor on the right is our fearless leader.


This is looking out from the second floor of our RLB over part of the base and towards Three Mile Mountain.


Looking towards the main area of base. Just the amount of stuff here continues to amaze me. You can see some of the vehicle collection we have.

4 comments:

  1. A lot of stuff! Do you suppose most will be left?? Did that after WWII. Took trucks, jeeps, tanks, etc out & dumped them in the ocean. Cheaper that hauling them back to the States. Tks for the good photo of you & plane last time. Will update our "military" prayer wall at church & will take a copy down to Betty. Will be gone 4/17-5/2. Cheers!! DAD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know when we left Iraq a lot of the stuff was turned over to the government and I imagine the same thing will happen here. It does continually amaze me as I drive around base and see all the equipment and materials we have here and knowing that every piece was driven or flown into country. I think a good portion of the stuff is owned by contractors so it will be up to them to dispose of it. Anyway you look at it there will be some busy logisticians for awhile :)

      Delete
  2. What is the tent? EWO's? RLB? This compact collection of stuff is reassuring. Like protection. (: Seems safer than a tent or an adobe fort in the middle of lots of space. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tent is actually a very small PX. A lot of the time the shelves are empty but if you catch them on a good day you can buy some of the small necessities (soap, socks, and the like) without having to walk the several miles to the big PX and wait in long lines.
      I had defined these acronyms earlier but I keep forgetting to add a list on the front page of the blog :). So I will do that now. And yes it does feel much safer than an adobe fort but it can breed a false sense of security as the British discovered over a century ago.

      Delete