Here are a few more random photos that may be of interest.
A not very clear picture of me as the sun is setting. It was a beautiful evening.
This is a not very good picture of a B-1 bomber in the stack with us. It is a little strang to see a strategic bomber in orbit with us waiting to be called in to bomb some guy on a motorcycle.
you mentioned earlier that you had missed out on missions...weather, cancelled for other reasons. Chalking up more air-time now? Love plane pictures!!! Pendleton airfield site of training exercise..guys from all over...well, Georgia. Parachuting and capturing. First run-thru cancelled because of snow. This seemed odd to me; not the snow. Snow is just snow...but it was light snow and soon melted...why cancel? Aren't these guys (Special Forces) up to a bit of snow? Maybe the airport...well..shoot I have no idea. Rather than waste words, I will ask you. Why cancel a training exercise because of light snow (very little wind) here? I rather like the bomber for the motorcycle guy. Sort of "Thought you could mess with us??!!" comcept. (:
ReplyDeleteI have been flying more but then this last night our mission was taken by a UAV. The wave of the future I guess :). I don't know why they would cancel but those missions can get pretty complicated and if they can't get everything to work together then it loses its training value. But that is just a guess.
DeleteWhat is a UAV? And, about the Pendleton training misssion, two of the guys were hurt. Enough to fly them out. (But maybe they would have done that anyway; just to get them in a military hospital?) Made me feel bad, irrationally I know but even so, felt bad for thinking they couldn't handle a bit of snow. Which shows how quickly people (meaning me) can slide into being ignorantly contemptuous. Sunday school class thinking about Judas (my choice) so I am thinking about these things.
ReplyDeleteUAV is unmanned aerial vehicle. I need to set up an acronym list like I had for my last blog :). I know exactly what you mean about being ignorantly contemptuous - it has been a lesson that I keep having to relearn. Anytime I see something that I think is really stupid I have to remind myself that there is probably a lot I don't know because the vast majority of times people use their brains and have a reason for why they do things. You may not agree with their reasons but at least they have one. As i am sure you have found you are much better off giving people the benefit of doubt, at least until they prove you wrong :).
DeleteAcronym list would be very helpful.
ReplyDeleteWorking :)
Delete