Tuesday, June 19, 2012


Just some more pictures from my library.  These are up in the foothills northwest of the base.


They make good use of every piece of available land.


I like this one showing the ribbon of green stretching through the brown.

4 comments:

  1. Good picts. Do the hills ever "green" up? We have a lot of "brown" country in E. Or. Nev AZ but sometimes they all green up.ART

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't down in this area. When I first got here everything was brown but then the orchards and fields around here started to green up and from the air I saw the river valleys doing the same but the hills have never changed color. I know that up north and across the highlands they do because they have trees and grass up there.

      Delete
  2. In reference to the first picture in this series..is that a mountain? That white looming behind the propeller whirl? Now that is a hill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - aerial perspectives are deceptive and the land doesn't rise as steeply as it appears in the picture but it is a large imposing piece of ground above the river. That is right at the edge of where the valley opens up and everything farther north is up or down - nothing flat.

      Delete