Thursday, August 9, 2012
A last series of flight pictures. These next two pictures are ones I snapped as we were stuck in holding for almost two hours waiting for a UAV to be cleared from the runway. It took a wrong turn on a closed taxiway and ran into construction equipment. The problem was its tail was still sticking out on the runway so no one could land. We were supposed to land well before sunrise but once it started to get light I figured I should at least take some pictures.
I kind of liked this one because the gray/blue color was indicative of how I felt. I was more than a little tired and ready to stop turning circles.
These next three are from my last flight. We sat in the aircraft for two hours waiting for the dust to clear enough to take off. You can see the layer beneath us - it went up to about 16,000'. It did finally clear and we were able to get our training flights in so we could leave :)
I hit the turn just right to catch the sunrise. It takes us about 6 minutes to do a circle so a lot of sunrises I am on the wrong side and by the time I get around the sun is up.
I didn't even notice the sparkle effect until I looked at the pictures on my computer.
This is waht sunset looks like from inside a C-17 leaving Afghanistan - a beautiful sight :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Liked your "change" comments. So far I have heard 2 pastors ...there have to be MANY more but I have a small life (: ...use the word "change" as a virtue in itself. (: No direction indicated, no programs attached, just change standing proud and alone; a virtue all by itself. Didn't know this thinking was in other areas. (Except in fashion...there definitely a virtue that works very well (:
ReplyDeleteI think change becomes a fad like any other fad that comes and goes. In institutions that are considered static (like the military or church) people that consider themselves innovators are quick to jump on the change bandwagon to show they are up to speed. At least that is my two cents :)
Delete